Sunday, July 29, 2012

Let the games begin...

Orientation starts tomorrow. Oh. Crap.

I really should be in bed sleeping but I had a stressful night and need to unwind. You know how you have these plans for how you are going to go about your day and then a wrench gets thrown it to remind you "HEY! YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL HERE!" Ya, well today my car keys were that wrench.

On my way home from babysitting I noticed that my gas tank was way low. I pulled into the gas station and promptly locked my keys in the car. Crap. Crap. Crap. Keys and phone. I was at a loss for what to do. Thank God for the young woman who walked in with her smart phone. I learned later that her name was Beth and she was literally a Godsend. She called AAA and waited on hold for a while. We got them set up to come and she gave me her cell phone number in case they didn't show up. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. I am still in awe of how the whole situation ended up and am so glad to be lying here in bed typing instead of pacing up and down in front of mapco.

I'm really terrified of starting this job. I know that I am tired and overwhelmed by the gas station fiasco and that everything will look brighter in the morning but right now I just keep thinking "I don't want to do this. I want to stay home and keep doing what I'm doing." I found a great devotional tonight though that focused on Jeremiah 29:11: I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. The devotional was specifically for teachers, which is great. It talks about how God gave me this job because he knows me and he knows where I need to be. He placed me in this school, with these teachers and these students because it's part of His plan for me. While I know all this is true, I'm still scared to death that I don't know what I'm doing. I guess I just have to trust that God has placed people in  my life that can show me and teach me how to fulfill my job.

I actually do need to sleep now so I can wake up bright and early to head to new teacher orientation in the morning. Bring on the acronyms!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment